- Chai is the Hindi word for tea.
- What Americans call chai tea would be more accurately called masala chai - masala is the mix of spices used to flavor the chai.
- If you wish to avoid redundancy (and ridicule from your Indian friends), just ask for chai.
- Chai Tea is blended with fresh aromatic spices that make Chai tea very rich in flavor.
- Special blends of black Indian Assam tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Orange Peel.
- Add some milk and you now have a Chai Tea Latte that is Low in Calories but Rich in Flavor.
- Traditional chai tea is prepared with full-bodied black tea, star anise, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, white peppercorns, cardamom, whole milk, and sugar. Enjoy it in the morning or afternoon!
- Blue Moon Chai teas don't have pepper added to the mix of spices that we blend to make our Chai spice teas, you may add pepper if you like, we just know that not everyone tastes buds like the peppered mix.
- So we just make the Masala Chai Tea - Rooibos Chai Tea - Moringa Chai Tea without pepper in the mix.